Dice the aubergines. Thinly slice the red onions. Remove the tough stalks from the kale.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- 2 Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the kale and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until still bright green but starting to soften
- 3 Drain well and cool
- 4 Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onion until starting to soften and colour.
- 5 Add the aubergine and cumin, and stir-fry until all the vegetables are cooked through and starting to caramelise
- 6 Add the tomatoes and kale, and stir-fry for another minute
- 7 Remove from the heat and make a shallow well in the vegetable mixture.
- 8 Break an egg into the well, then bake in the oven until the egg is just set.
- 9 Meanwhile, whisk together the tahini, yogurt and lemon juice until smooth
- 10 Remove the pan from the oven.
- 11 Top with dollops of the yogurt sauce, sprinkle with sumac and chilli flakes, and add a squeeze of lemon juice to finish.
- 12 Serve with crusty bread
- Average per serving
- Calories 504.0kCal