Thinly slice the Simply M&S onion. Chop the Simply M&S Smoked Streaky Bacon. Chop the garlic cloves. Core and shred the Simply M&S Savoy cabbage. Drain the Simply M&S Butter Beans. Tear to garnish the fresh basil leaves.
- 1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- 2 Add the onion and cook over a gentle heat for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- 3 Stir in the bacon, increase the heat and fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden.
- 4 Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- 5 Stir in the tomatoes and 1½ cans of water; then season.
- 6 Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- 7 Meanwhile, cook the cabbage in a separate pan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes.
- 8 Drain, then add to the soup with the butter beans.
- 9 Simmer for 2 minutes, then stir in the torn basil.
- 10 Divide among 4 soup bowls, and garnish with basil leaves to serve.
Not a fan of soup but thoroughly enjoyed this. Added a vegetable stock cube,more bacon & Worcestershire sauce as per suggestion as well as some oregano.
Was looking forward to trying this as some great ingredients. Although it had flavour it lacked something in depth, tomato puree or some stock.
A filling and satisfying bowl of goodness.
Easy and filling but not tasteful
Delicious, as we added a stock cube, a dash of Worcester sauce and 2 extra rashers of bacon.
Easy, but completely lacks any flavor..