Thinly slice the Simply M&S onion. Chop the Simply M&S Smoked Streaky Bacon. Chop the garlic cloves. Core and shred the Simply M&S Savoy cabbage. Drain the Simply M&S Butter Beans. Tear to garnish the fresh basil leaves.
- 1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- 2 Add the onion and cook over a gentle heat for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- 3 Stir in the bacon, increase the heat and fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden.
- 4 Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- 5 Stir in the tomatoes and 1½ cans of water; then season.
- 6 Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- 7 Meanwhile, cook the cabbage in a separate pan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes.
- 8 Drain, then add to the soup with the butter beans.
- 9 Simmer for 2 minutes, then stir in the torn basil.
- 10 Divide among 4 soup bowls, and garnish with basil leaves to serve.
This was very easy and surprisingly tasty (I had assumed that the cabbage would make it boring).