Peel the garlic clove. Juice the lemons.
- 1 Char the whole aubergines over a gas flame, one at a time, until the skins are black and the centre of the aubergine is soft.
- 2 Alternatively, pierce the aubergine skins and grill them, turning frequently, until they are very soft in the middle and the skin is completely charred.
- 3 This will take around 20 minutes.
- 4 Slice the aubergines in half and scoop out the flesh.
- 5 Remove the excess water by squeezing the flesh in a sieve, then place in a large bowl.
- 6 Mash the soft flesh with a fork until it has an almost smooth consistency.
- 7 Crush the garlic cloves with a pinch of salt and stir into the mashed aubergine, along with the lemon juice.
- 8 Season to taste.
- 9 Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, topped with the chilli flakes, a pinch of ground cumin and paprika
Love this recipe