Slice the halloumi. Halve, pit and peel the Peruvian Hass avocados. Halve the strawberries.
- 1 Heat a char-grill pan or non-stick frying pan.
- 2 Char-grill or dry fry the slices of halloumi cheese for 1-2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- 3 Meanwhile, share the salad leaves between 4 serving plates.
- 4 Slice the avocados over the salads, then share the halved strawberries between them. Arrange the halloumi cheese on top, and scatter with the pomegranate seeds.
- 5 Make the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, olive oil and pomegranate molasses or honey.
- 6 Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the salads.
- 7 Serve the salads with a few basil leaves scattered on top.
Love this salad! Easy to make and healthy and the strawberries add a lovely sweetness to the savoury. Colours are inspiring too!
This is delish!!
Surprisingly good! The flavours go so well together this recipe will definitely be repeated!
I made a variation adding bacon, and cucumber and I made the dressing with balsamic vinegar, sesame and olive oil, plus pomegranate syrup. Was yum!
This is gorgeous, very easy to do. I added some pine nuts to griddle when warming the halloumi, Delicious xxx
Loved this. Bit to much avocado for me and needed more dressing. I griddles some small pieces of chicken to go with it and it was great. A bit of Parmesan was good to. You got to try it