- 1 Preheat your oven to 190C/170C fan. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and gently fry the chorizo for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave it to cool in the oil.
- 2 Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone.
- 3 Scoop a little extra flesh out to make room for the egg. Keep the extra avocado flesh for the watercress salad.
- 4 Crack an egg into each avocado half. Bake the avocado halves in the oven for about 15 minutes until the egg is just cooked.
- 5 Put the watercress in a bowl and add the chorizo and the excess avocado flesh. Also add the balsamic vinegar. Serve on a plate next to the baked avocado.
- 6 Tip - Sprinkle a layer of raw rice in a small baking dish and stand the avocados in the rice so that they don’t tip over during cooking.
Simple and quick to make....and tasty!
Really delicious. I made it for lunch and it went down a treat with me and my other half. Will definitely have it again.
My mum just made me this for lunch! It was brilliant! - the creaminess of the avocado matches perfectly with the saltiness of the chorizo and tartness of the balsamic. Worth a try!!
Made a nice change, for a light breakfast, easy enough to make, although I didn't quite leave the space big enough for the egg, so had to tip out the egg, and scoop out some more advcado, needed a bit of seasoning, salad was delicious. I found I needed to cook it longer, to bake the eggs. Definitely try it again.
- Average per serving
- Calories 160.0kCal