Trim the fine asparagus. Chop the garlic cloves. Remove rind from the Raven’s Oak goat’s cheese. Chop the basil leaves.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- 2 Set aside 12 asparagus spears. Cut the rest into 3cm lengths and put in a 900g loaf tin, with the garlic.
- 3 Season, then drizzle over 1 tbsp of the oil.
- 4 Roast for 10-15 minutes, until just tender, then tip into a bowl.
- 5 Meanwhile, put the bread mix in a bowl and stir in 350ml lukewarm water.
- 6 Mix to a soft dough, then turn out onto a clean work surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- 7 Leave to rest for 5 minutes, then cut in half.
- 8 Stretch and shape one of the dough halves to fit the tin.
- 9 Scatter over the asparagus mix, pushing it into the dough, and arrange two-thirds of the cheese on top.
- 10 Scatter over the basil.
- 11 Stretch the other dough half and place over the top, pressing down gently.
- 12 Press the reserved asparagus down onto the dough with the remaining cheese.
- 13 Cover with a piece of oiled clingfilm and leave in a warm place for 35-45 minutes, until doubled in size.
- 14 Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7.
- 15 Brush the loaf with the remaining oil and bake for 25 minutes, until golden.
- 16 Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack. Serve in slices.
Show stopper, tasty,