Zest and juice the oranges.
- 1 Place the apricots and raisins in a bowl with the orange zest and juice. Leave to soak for at least 1 hour.
- 2 Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- 3 Fill and boil a kettle of water.
- 4 Spread the bread with the butter then remove and discard the crusts.
- 5 Beat the milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla together.
- 6 Arrange half the bread in a single layer in the base of a large roasting tin, scatter over half the soaked fruit. Repeat with the remaining bread and fruit.
- 7 Pour over the milk and egg mixture and set aside to soak for 10 minutes if time allows. Sprinkle demerara sugar on top.
- 8 Stand the tin in the base of a large roasting tray, pour hot water from the kettle into the tray to come half way up the outside of the pudding tin.
- 9 Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden and the pudding set in the centre. Cover with foil if the top is becoming too brown. Serve warm.
Delicious! I added a little Grand Marnier to the orange juice when I soaked the dried fruit
This pudding is SO delicious! A nice change from regular B and B pud. The orange gives it a lovely lift.