Crush the garlic cloves. Peel and chop the fresh ginger. Deseed and finely chop the red chillis.
- 1 Heat the oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan/gas 4.
- 2 Heat the oil in an ovenproof dish on the hob. Add the pork and brown on all sides. Stir in the remaining ingredients, season, and bring to the boil.
- 3 Remove from the heat, cover with foil and cook in the oven for 3 hours.
- 4 Set aside the pork and pour the juices into a pan. Simmer for 5 minutes, until reduced to a rich sauce.
- 5 Thickly slice the pork, discarding any lumps of fat. Brush with the apricot sauce and serve in brioche buns with coriander and pickles.
The pork was very tasty and we used the technique to make a pulled pork meal and didn't make it into a burger. I couldn't find Apricot Nectar so puréed a can of apricots in juice which worked just as well.