Peel, core and chop the large apples. Dice the white marzipan.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- 2 Melt 25g butter in a pan, add the apples and cook over a medium heat for 8 minutes.
- 3 Add the sugar and cook for 2 minutes until dissolved. Leave to cool in the pan.
- 4 Stir the cinnamon, blackberries and marzipan into the apple mixture in the pan, then set aside.
- 5 Cut each filo sheet in half lengthways and lay 4 halves on a baking sheet.
- 6 Melt the remaining butter and brush onto the filo.
- 7 Top with another layer of pastry and repeat, until you have 4 open ‘parcels’, each with 4 pastry layers.
- 8 Spoon a quarter of the apple mix into the centre of each parcel and brush the edges with melted butter.
- 9 Fold over each parcel and brush with butter.
- 10 Bake for 20 minutes.
- 11 Serve with a dollop of cream, whipped with icing sugar and amaretto.