Cut the red onions into thin wedges. Deseed and cut the yellow peppers into large chunks. Drain the pitted black olives. Drain and rinse the tinned butterbeans.
- 1 Heat the oven too 220°C/425°F/gas 7 (200°C for fan ovens). Put half of the olive oil in a large roasting tin and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 2 Carefully add the sausages and roast for 10 minutes until browned, turning half way. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 3 Meanwhile, toss the tomatoes, onion, peppers and olives in the remaining oil and season well.
- 4 Tumble into the roasting tin and re-arrange the sausages on top. Roast for 15 minutes, turning the sausages half way.
- 5 Pour the hot chicken stock around the vegetables, add the butter beans and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes, until the sausages are cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- 6 Sprinkle over the red wine vinegar and a handful of fresh basil leaves to serve.
Easy and delicious. Would eat week in week out
Easy and delicious!
Wow, I felt like I were Tuskerny. With the sun blowing in my face. A definite winner with all of us. It made a big change from bangers and mash and with out the olives was well tasty and within our benefit allowance. We felt posher by the fork full
Very tasty, easy to prepare and looks as good as it tastes. Would benefit from some carbohydrate and tastes good with bread or rice to soak up the delicious juice.
Really cheap and versatile recipe - it's simple but really tasty. It's also perfect to make if you've not got much time to cook. Will definitely be making this again!
Another top recipe! I love this. Tastes fab and a family favourite. I added more garlic (adore garlic and a bit of balsamic vinegar too) highly recommend! Low calories too. Enjoy.
Went down really well
Really tasty dish, not a big fan of butter beans but works well in this dish, family loved it, served with crusty bread
Wonderful dish! Would recommend as an easy win with guests and quick to make. I used balsamic vinegar and it was fine.
I absolutely adore this dish. It is really tasty and so simple to cook. I add double the specified butter beans and a bit more stock which creates more of the great juice and something to soak it up.
A great dish to throw together !
Fed a family of 4 this for dinner this evening and we all loved it. Was unsure about the butter beans but went for it and was pleasantly surprised. I served it with Uncle Bens Golden Vegetable Rice and it was delicious. We will definitely be having this again x
This was beyond tasty. I was cooking for quite a fussy eater and this went down a treat. 5 stars from a happy home